Spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and dialers are some of the fastest-growing threats on the Internet today. By simply browsing to a web page, you could find your computer to be the brand-new host of one of these unwanted fiends!
The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.
- Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.
- Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
- Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer.
SpywareBlaster can help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web. And unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in the background.
changelog SpywareBlaster 4.2:
* Windows 7 support
* Internet Explorer 8 support
* K-Meleon support
* Faster, secure updating worldwide
* Automatic program version upgrade support (for AutoUpdate users)
* Interface improvements
* Displays dates and other information in local format
* Enhanced support for Flock 2.x
* Better support for upgrading in the installer - now does more to help ensure
that previous versions are removed when installing “over the top”
* Significantly faster “Disable All Protection” operation
* Fixed “window doesn’t display” on some PCs
* Fixed recurring “run from Admin account” error
* Fixed problems detecting some Firefox (and other Gecko-based browser) profiles
* Fixed crash enabling AutoUpdate on Windows Vista if the Task Scheduler service
* Implemented requested “Find Unprotected” right-click feature for
the Block Lists
* Many additional small bug fixes, tweaks, and optimizations