Spybot Search and Destroy 2.0 Beta 2
Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies.
If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware.
Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.
Spybot-S&D can also clean usage tracks, an interesting function if you share your computer with other users and don't want them to see what you have been working on. And for professional users, Spybot-S&D allows you to fix some registry inconsistencies and extended reports.
* Reduced download size compared to Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta 1.
* Faster installation procedure with a new option to preconfigure Spybot-S&D for a care free setup.
* Experimental plugin for Google Chrome.
* Experimental on-access scanner.
* Optional heuristic scans.
* Spybot-S&D's modules can now be directly opened from its tray icon.
* Fixed known uninstallation issues and tons of other bug fixes.