SpiderOak combines online backup, secure file sync and easy sharing in a cloud based service. Desktop clients are available for Windows, Mac OS X and multiple Linux distributions. Several gigabyte of free storage become available after account creation and can be upgraded to a 100+ GB for a monthly or yearly fee. SpiderOak consolidates several functionalities into one tool: free online backup, remote access, synchronization, sharing and storage. Data backups can run from local hard-drives as well as network drives, USB keys, external drives, CD/DVDs and other storage media. In order to prevent 3rd party access, all data is stored encrypted and transferred encrypted via a secure SSL connection. All of these features are available for both the free and the subscription service.
- Fix a bug causing uncontrolled growth of application data folder during large downloads.
- Fix a bug allowing user to set up a sync feedback loop involving the Hive folder.
- Now removes folder branding when disabling SpiderOak Hive.
- Fix a bug causing SpiderOak to sometimes launch at OS startup even when that option was disabled.
- Fix SpiderOak Hive branding on OpenSUSE 12.x.
- Fix a bug causing SpiderOak to crash on Windows with certain non-English characters in account info.
- Fix a bug preventing SpiderOak from immediately picking up changes to Hive Folder in some circumstances.
- Fix a bug causing the OS integration about dialog to crash when SpiderOak is running.
- Prevent OS integration icon overlays from showing on excluded files/folders.
- Fix a bug causing sync to fail for filenames containing invalid characters.
- Ensure Hive Folder branding is set up correctly upon device reinstall.