Spaceman 99 4.2.0
What Is the FileHippo Safety Guarantee?
SpaceMan 99 is a duplicate file locating app that uses intelligent algorithms to detect any space hogging, duplicate files on your system.
The app’s interface is based on a Windows Explorer style. Your system files are displayed in four panes: one shows you folders, one shows you the files within a selected folder. The next one shows the names of duplicate files, and the other one presents the location of any duplicate files.
Key Features include:
- Shows all files and folders with exact duplicates elsewhere on the system.
- Shows total disk space used by all files under each folder.
- Provides tools for safe and easy deletion of duplicate files.
- Works with local disks, or disks accessed across a network.
- Full support for FAT, FAT-32 and NTFS format partitions.
- Fully multi-threaded, so the app remains active constantly.
- Familiar and easy to use Windows File Explorer style user interface.
- Shows sizes in bytes, KB, MB or GB, user selectable or automatic.
- Generates printable reports.
- Controllable duplication criteria.
You can run a scan of a given folder to determine how much space is being used and can then SpaceMan 99 will mark duplicate files. As soon as any duplicate files have been identified you are then able to choose which you wish to remove, and then you can review a list of the offending files. When you are finally happy with what you have chosen you can then delete the selected files forever.
When removing any file from your system, it is important to know the dangers in doing so. If you don't know what you're doing, you could end up making a serious error and removing a system file. The developers have thought of this and created a protection, in the form of an option, which protects the Windows operating system files. This can be disabled if you so wish, but it would be unadvisable to do so.
Overall, SpaceMan 99 is a useful and functional app that gives you a clear view of any duplicate files located on your system. It is easy to use and has a simple, yet intuitive user interface that can be navigate by all. It is lightweight and consumes hardly any system resources.