Songbird 0.7 RC3
Songbird is an open-source customizable music player.
It is integrated with these Web 2.0 services: mashTape, SHOUTcast Radio, Last.fm Scrobbling, and Songkick concert tickets. You can enhance Songbird with community-contributed plugins like Media Flow.
- Smart Playlists
- Built-In Web Browser
- Multi-language Support
- Automatic Updates
- Setup Assistant
- Custom User Interface
- Library Management
- Developer Support
Beta features include portable device support, metadata management, album artwork, and subscriptions.
Please note that the author has stopped supporting this program, but Nightingale is now available as an alternative.
NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
* The new UI includes significant visual and functional changes such as:
o A new dedicated tab that contains all of your media content
o Ability to show/hide the service pane when viewing webpages (it's automatically hidden when viewing web content, but a button will allow you to toggle show/hide)
o Ability to choose where the player controls live, the top or bottom of the window, based on user preference (right click on the player control pane to change its location or on some platforms View menu -> Player Controls).
o New look and feel for the Mini Player
Faster Media Scan
* Scanning for media on your local drive is significantly faster.
First Run Wizard
* The wizard will walk you through EULA, media scanning, and installing recommended add-ons when launching the application for the first time. You'll need to create a new profile to be presented with the wizard (since you will not see it if upgrading).
Drag & Drop
* The drag and drop experience in the application has been greatly improved.
* It now supports visual feedback to show you how many items you are dragging.
* We now have smart playlist support which not only allows you to create your own customized playlists, but also provide defaults for:
o Highest Rated
o Most Played
o Recently Added
o Recently Played
* Songbird can now read, write and display album artwork. There's a new Album Art Display Pane in the bottom of the Service Pane that shows the artworkassociated with currently playing track. In the Metadata Editor, you can add or remove artwork to a track - changes will be saved to the file(s) you edit.