SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
* Security fixes
* Fixes for a number of non-security-relevant crashes, increasing the stability of the whole platform and the Mail & Newsgroups part of SeaMonkey
* New supported language version: Japanese
* A problem with Outgoing Server (SMTP) connections after migration from older versions was fixed by disabling stricter security checking and reverting to previous behavior for the moment. (Bug 522633)
* Cutting and copying text should not be blocked by certain other Windows applications any more. (Bug 525601)
* Profile migration from 1.x should succeed in more cases on Windows now. (Bug 537525)
* Language packs from 2.0.3 now continue to work with later SeaMonkey 2.0.x versions. (Bug 544096)
* Language packs for all locales now don't include dictionaries to avoid licensing conflicts. Dictionaries should be installed from the dictionary add-ons page instead. (Bug 537481)
* The internal security module has been updated and new certificate authorities were included. (Bug 528277)
* Opening files from the Mac desktop or Finder should now work even when SeaMonkey is already running. (Bug 521699)