SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
# New Feature
the same library for secure connections as as in Firefox 3 is used, which does stricter checking for wildcard certificates. A wildcard can only match one domain level now, e.g. a *.mozilla.org certififcate does match addons.mozilla.org but not en-US.addons.mozilla.org now.
This is not a bug, SeaMonkey is actually following the specification correctly now and was not doing it correctly before.
# Bug Fixes -
-Heap overflow in certificate regexp parsing
-MFSA 2009-42 Compromise of SSL-protected communication