SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
Security and stability fixes:
- Unable to open all mail folders when there are large number of mail folders, after compact
- FF does not follow browser redirection to Proxy Login page
- Remove "pre" from SeaMonkey version number on GECKO181_20090605_RELBRANCH
- Building with GCC-4.3 and '-pedantic' fail due to extra semi-colons and missing newlines
- Can't add additional Recipients (To: Cc: Bcc: Lines) in MailNews
- Arbitrary code execution using sidebar
- Firefox 126.96.36.199 crashes when opening a https-site or on shutdown with FoxyProxy 2.8.5 [@ nsSSLThread::Run]
- Non-200 responses to proxy CONNECT requests lead to attacks on HTTPS
- "ASSERTION: Too few bytes in input" with single-byte UTF-16 data: URL
- Port Bug 471962: When saving an inner frame as file only, the POST data of the outer page is sent to the address of the inner page
- Profile manager only shows a random subset of available profiles
- Arbitrary domain cookie access from content loaded via local file (file:/// URL)
- "Assertion failure: map->depth > 0" in js_LeaveSharpObject
- Arbitrary code execution using event listeners attached to an element whose owner document is null
- nsIConverterInputStream duplicates the last character in the first buffer
- nsSafeFileOutputStream (prefs.js) not safe from system crashes
- Crash [@ nsListBoxBodyFrame::GetNextItemBox] with
- UTF16 and UTF32 decoders allow invalid UTF16 into the core