SeaMonkey 2.15 Beta 1
SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
# SeaMonkey-specific changes -
- SeaMonkey can be set as default client/browser on Mac and Linux now.
- See the changes page for minor changes.
# Mozilla platform changes -
- Preliminary support for WebRTC has been added.
- Image quality has been improved through a new HTML scaling algorithm.
- CSS3 Flexbox has been implemented.
- Support for new DOM property window.devicePixelRatio has been added.
- Support for @supports has been added.
- Startup time has been improved through smart handling of signed extension certificates.
- HTML5: Support for W3C touch events has been implemented, taking the place of MozTouch events
- Insecure content loading has been disabled on HTTPS pages (see bug 62178).
- Fixed several stability issues.