Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Improved support for Windows 7 and Windows Media Player 12.
* Support for environment variables changed within the sandbox.
* New settings page: Sandbox Settings > Restrictions > Hardware Access.
* New settings page: Sandbox Settings > Applications > Web Browser > Google Chrome.
* Improved support for installation and use of WinSxS assemblies in the sandbox.
* Improved compatibility with third-party security software: Online Armor, a2 Anti Malware, Comodo Verification Engine, Norton Internet Security, Panda Internet Security, Trusteer Rapport.
* Improved compatibility with other third-party software: Pdf995, SPAMfighter, Acer GridVista, NEO Pro, Evernote 3.5, JAWS 11, LastPass, gMote.