Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Several common dialog windows in Sandboxie Control windows can be minimized: Sandbox Settings, Delete Contents, Quick Recovery, Immediate Recovery, Messages from Sandboxie.
* Reduced flickering in the main Sandboxie Control view.
* Restored support for the Finnish and French languages.
* Changes in Quick and Immediate Recovery:
- Multiple files can be selected for recovery in a Quick Recovery window.
- New button to select all files in Quick or Immediate Recovery.
- New "Yes to All" button can replace multiple files when recovering.
- Immediate Recovery can open the folder for the recovered file, or run the file directly.
- Recovery Log (in Sandboxie Control View menu) displays a log of recently recovered files.
* The Messages from Sandboxie window can optionally adjust some settings:
- Turn off Drop Rights when message SBIE2219 appears.
- Permit programs to start (for message SBIE1308) or access the Internet (for message SBIE1307).
- Adjust File Migration limit when message SBIE2102 appears.
* Changes in the border feature:
- The border around sandboxed windows can be set to appear only when the cursor is in the title area of the window.
- This border mode, with the border color set to yellow, is now the default setting for new sandboxes.
- The border rectangle is adjusted to wrap around the Windows Aero thick window frame.
- The border is temporarily hidden when any part of it would be obscured by another window.
- Firefox places.sqlite file is excluded from file migration limits.
- Windows Explorer thumbcache_*.db files are excluded from file migration limits.
- When running under Sandboxie, Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 correctly displays embedded preview.
- When running under Sandboxie, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint will not create superfluous buttons on the taskbar.
- Improved compatibility with security software: avast! pro 6 SafeZone browser, BitDefender Anti-Phishing toolbar, and iolo System Mechanic.
- Improved compatibility with web proxy software: Easy Hide IP, HMA! Pro VPN, VPNTunnel Anonymous Internet.
- Improved compatibility with third-party utilities: Eraser 6, Google Japanese IME tool, RoboForm sync, Sothink Web Video Downloader Stand-alone.