Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
- New Getting Started short tutorial appears on first use. Can be invoked manually from the Help menu.
- Sandboxie Control application now natively supports high DPI display modes.
- Fixed a couple of usability issues with the Sandboxie Start Menu when the interface language is not English.
- Fixed an issue where SBIE2218 could appear in some "Run as administrator" elevation scenarios.
- Enabled Address Space Layout Randomization in all Sandboxie components.
- Fixed an issue with opening web links or multimedia files using a forced program, when the DefaultBox sandbox has been removed.
- Fixed a problem where Sandboxie would not work correctly if Windows compatibility setting are selected for Sandboxie program shortcuts.
- The Lingering Programs mechanism will not stop programs set as a linger program, if the program in question is showing a window.
- Fixed an issue with accessing network
- Support for Windows 8 final RTM build (number 9200). Sandboxie is not compatible with earlier builds of Windows 8.
- Improved compatibility with avast! Antivirus, BitVise SSH Client, CafeAgent, EMET v3, Logitech G15 keyboard, UltraMon.