Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
- Improvements in Sandbox Settings windows.
- Run Sandboxed action can automatically select the DefaultBox sandbox.
- Filter outgoing connections on SMB/CIFS ports through the Block Port setting.
* Problems Fixed:
- Windows Update KB981852 causing SBIE2304 errors.
- Drop Rights feature interfering with running programs.
- Windows Live Messenger 2011 not connecting.
- Ctrl+clicking on web links in Microsoft Word, when Internet Explorer is set as a forced program.
- Installing games into a sandboxed instance of Steam in 64-bit Windows.
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 runs under Sandboxie without having to use Window Access exclusions.
- System Restriction Policies interfering with Sandboxie on Windows 7.
- Removal/rename of DefaultBox sandbox interferes with installing applications into the sandbox.
- Windows Installer (MSI) fails to run in the sandbox on 64-bit Windows.
- Errors when running some UPX-compressed executables in the sandbox.
* Improved compatibility with: avast! Pro, AVG 2011, Bsecure CloudCare, CyberPatrol, Handy Folders, 64-bit Outpost Firewall, PretonSaver.