What Is the FileHippo Safety Guarantee?
* Notable enhancements:
- Experimental Protection for 64-bit editions of Sandboxie.
- Program groups may reference other progarm groups, and may be used in Start/Run and Internet Access Restrictions.
- Block 16-bit programs from starting or running in the sandbox.
- Cmd.exe running under Sandboxie maintains the correct current directory even for SUBST drives or junction points.
- New Start.exe /wait option, documented in the Start Command Line page.
* Usability enhancements:
- "Run Sandboxed" dialog windows include an explanation for the Drop Rights checkbox.
- Desktop.ini files do not appear in Quick Recovery and Immediate Recovery pop-up windows.
- Improved the "Rename Sandbox" command, and the "Create New Sandbox" command can copy settings from an existing sandbox.
* Problems Fixed:
- Some issues with acclerated rendering by recent versions of browsers.
- Some issues with printing to a network printer on Windows 7.
- Some issues where the SandboxieCrypto process remains lingering in the sandbox after other programs already ended.
- Some issues with Sandboxie Control not starting at the end of installation, where User Account Controls (UAC) is active.
- A problem that prevented installation of ActiveX components when Internet Explorer was running under Sandboxie.
- A problem that caused Sandboxie to refuse to install on some 64-bit systems.
- A problem with Immediate Recovery to a path which was too long to display in full.
* Improved compatibility with:
- Office 2010 Protected Mode.
- Media players: The KMPlayer, PotPlayer, Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.
- Security Software: F-Secure 2011, McAfee Total Protection, Sophos Anti-Virus, Trend Micro Browser Guard 2011, Trusteer Rapport, Vipre Antivirus, WehnTrust HIPS for 2000/XP/2003.
- Other software: Babylon, DragonSaga, File-Ex, Nitro PDF 6.