Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016/365 ClickToRun is now supported for paid users.
- Chrome 52 is now supported.
- Sandboxed applications are no longer allowed to change the system power configuration.
- Environment variable USERNAME now shows proper username instead of "SYSTEM" in sandboxed applications.
- Added qWave driver (Google Hangouts, and other websites) to templates.ini under Applications->Miscellaneous
- The new, faster loader code developed for Windows 10 is now used for Win 8.0 & 8.1.
- Fixed 2 Excel clipboard related crashes
- Fixed Win 10 FR 14328 issue with WOW64 applications crashing.
- Fixed Win 10 FR 14316 BSOD.
- Fixed Win 10 FR 14316 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE).
- Fixed Win 10 FR 14295 crash in Chrome & FF.
- Fixed Win 10 FR Build 14279 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE)
- Fixed rare printing crash in Chrome-32 under Win 10-64.