PowerArchiver 11.00 Beta 2
PowerArchiver offers hundreds of features, yet remains easy to use, small and fast. Novice users will find a familiar interface complete with tutorial and detailed help, while more experienced users can take advantage of full Explorer integration, multiple encryption methods and advanced compression algorithms.
Here is a brief list of some of the key features found in PowerArchiver:
- Preview Window
- Full Windows Vista Support
- Superior ZIP Support
- 7-Zip Compression
- Multiple Formats Support Including ISO
- New Queue System (Add/Extract/Backup) and PowerArchiver Starter
- Unmatched Security
- Automated Backups
- Guaranteed Compatibility and Explorer Integration
- Compression Profiles
- Useful Tools
Version 11.00 BETA 2 [July/2008]
Major new features and PRO version introduction
* First time in 7-Zip - Optimized compression that automatically
selects best method between lzma and ppmd, for up to 40% smaller archive size.
* Major 7-Zip improvements: delete, rename and update contents of 7zip files.
* 7-Zip encryption - added support for 7-Zip encrypted file names (read/write).
* Faster startup time as much as 40% in certain situations.
* Fixed Bug #651: open with MRU has icons for top 5 icons only.
* Fixed Bug #649: cant read specific archive in explorer view.
* Fixed Bug #638: when preview, change file via mouse does not work.
* Fixed Bug #654: full and differential backups are not working properly.
* Fixed Bug #659: backup: align timestamp text.
* Fixed Bug #650: noop command for server timeouts.
* Fixed Bug #660: Add folders in SFX Wizards does not work.
* Fixed Bug #619: PA does not show error if no permissions to write to ftp.
* Fixed Bug #661: drag and drop inside unicode 7zip archive does not work.
* Fixed Bug #655: crash after web update, especially under Vista x64.
* Fixed Bug #594: backup does not detect if there is no burner on computer.
* Fixed Bug #652: problem when using open with while splash is enabled.
* Fixed Bug #656: fixed tabbing in ftp edit boxes.
* Fixed Bug #666: 120dpi issues in backup scheduler.
* Fixed Bug #669: various smaller backup issues.
* Fixed Bug #664: 120dpi issues in config.
* Fixed Bug #665: changes to how file size limits in preview are implemented.