What Is the FileHippo Safety Guarantee?
# New Features
* Support for extracting ZIPX JPEG format, PowerArchiver becomes only application after WinZip 12 to fully support ZIPX format.
* Updated Burner engine.
* Burner now uses SPTD layer for burning if you install latest PAVD, for faster burning and improved access to drive.
* New file/folder selection with checkboxes for backup.
* "No to All" option added to all relavant continue dialogues.
* Open archive after creation option added to shell.
* Fine tuned Win7 experience - improved taskbar progress bar and optimized jumplists.
* Win98 support - made PA 2010 backwards compatible with Win98 OS.
* Memory usage improvements - up to 1 MB less memory used.
* Faster explorer view (startup and browsing folders).
* Improved select folder window (faster).
* PA uses ZIP as default compression when PA has not been run.
* Spanning now enabled when Queue is used.
* PA Starter improvements (unicode, interface, etc).
* MRU's are now being saved during shell actions as well.
* Improved behaviour when extracting single files out of huge rars.
# Bug Fixes
* #1634 - spanned 7zip files showing compress to shell options
* #1633 - if overwrite fails, PA does not show an error.
* #1626 - if we select open after creating, spanning options get enabled.
* #1625 - during drag & drop extraction, empty folders not extracted.
* #1581 - Updating encrypted files in certain situations.
* #1632 - if burner is not present, yet selected in backup, AV shows.
* #1643 - cbr, cbz, pak files showing drag and drop options when opened.
* #1621 - CRC not shown for folders inside 7zip archives.
* #1624 - CRC issue with zip files that dont have proper local/central headers.
* #1612 - Issue with specific large zip file.
* #1615 - Unrar does not work in specific situations.
* #1618 - PA does not create zip spans over 4 GB properly (sometimes).
* #1480 - 7zip bad password can not cancel.
* #1603 - PA crashes in config if closed with esc.
* #1595 - PA can not encrypt spanned zip files in encrypt tool.
* #1577 - Need to click Ok twice when d&d with encryption
* #1589 - Can not extract some 7zip archives when filename encryption is on.
* #1522 - PAE extraction does not show % done.
* #1601 - Pae not under extract menu in 64bit.
* #1574 - Change shortcut for shell> extract.
* #1582 - Different fonts in preview and backup window.
* #1584 - Zipx shows in final backup screen, despite zip selected.
* #1435 - Starter crashes if installation closes it.
* #1588 - Only one queue item is processed at time.
* #1544 - Sometimes erase option in CDRW/DVDRW did not work (in burner/backup tools)
* #1580 - Can not open zip encrypted archives created in PA 2007.
* #1569 - modification date of folders not extracted properly for rar.
* #1573 - compression of larger files through batch zip did not work in specific situations.
* #1570 - Optimized + Queue did not work .
* #1559 - Previewing inside solid 7zip archives does not work.
* #1547 - PA can not rename specific files in zip.
* #1560 - clicking on .z01 does not show file contents.
* #1541 - PA does not extract files without extensions in tar format, via D&D
* #1536 - Issue with compressing unicode files in non-english Windows (such as Chinese versions of Windows).
* #1533 - File format selection resets when open dialogue is used to select new filename.
* #1501 - FTP profile selection in backup gets reset.
* #1524 - Issue with 7zip and encrypt filename option.
* #1520 - Spanning is available when PAE encryption is selected.
* #1521 - Update save window does not always default to my documents.
* #1517 - Some Pro options still available when registered as Standard license.
* #1525 - Mount Virtual DVD option not showing up in shell.
* #1507 - Other PA settings not saved if PA is restarted after registration.
* #1513 - Right click menu not showing in backup list.