PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system. It has more than 15 years of active development and a proven architecture that has earned it a strong reputation for reliability, data integrity, and correctness.
It is fully ACID compliant, has full support for foreign keys, joins, views, triggers, and stored procedures (in multiple languages). It includes most SQL:2008 data types, including INTEGER, NUMERIC, BOOLEAN, CHAR, VARCHAR, DATE, INTERVAL, and TIMESTAMP.
* Fix WAL replay of locking an already-updated tuple
* Restore GIN metapages unconditionally to avoid torn-page risk
* Avoid race condition in checking transaction commit status during receipt of a NOTIFY message
* Allow materialized views to be referenced in UPDATE and DELETE commands
* Allow regular-expression operators to be terminated early by query cancel requests
* Remove incorrect code that tried to allow OVERLAPS with single-element row arguments
* Avoid getting more than AccessShareLock when de-parsing a rule or view
* Improve performance of index endpoint probes during planning
* Use non-default selectivity estimates for value IN (list) and value operator ANY (array) expressions when the righthand side is a stable expression
* Remove the correct per-database statistics file during DROP DATABASE
* Fix walsender ping logic to avoid inappropriate disconnects under continuous load
* Fix walsender's failure to shut down cleanly when client is pg_receivexlog
* Check WAL level and hot standby parameters correctly when doing crash recovery that will be followed by archive recovery
* Fix test to see if hot standby connections can be allowed immediately after a crash
* Add read-only data_checksums parameter to display whether page checksums are enabled
* Prevent interrupts while reporting non-ERROR messages
* Fix memory leak in PL/Perl when returning a composite result, including multiple-OUT-parameter cases
* Fix tracking of psql script line numbers during \copy from out-of-line data
* Fix contrib/postgres_fdw to handle multiple join conditions properly
* Prevent intermittent "could not reserve shared memory region" failures on recent Windows versions
* Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2014a for DST law changes in Fiji and Turkey, plus historical changes in Israel and Ukraine.