Pegasus Mail 4.70
* OpenSSL support
- Now uses the industry-standard OpenSSL libraries to handle secure Internet connections. A major internal change, this should allow Pegasus Mail to connect to almost any SSL-secured server.
* Completely new multilingual spelling checker
- Now uses the "Hunspell" spelling checker used by OpenOffice, FireFox and other major systems. The new spelling checker supports multiple simultaneous languages in the same check, and is supplied as standard with US and UK English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Czech dictionaries. Many other dictionaries are readily available, from sources such as the OpenOffice Extensions repository.
* Completely new TCP/IP code
- The routines Pegasus Mail uses to connect to the Internet have been totally rewritten, and should be faster and more reliable than ever before. It's kind of sad, given how much effort this took, that most people probably won't even notice it.
* Hyperlink overhaul
- The way Pegasus Mail locates and marks hyperlinks in plain-text messages has been completely overhauled. For properly-normalized links (that means, links enclosed in < and >) the program will now correctly find and mark them even if they span multiple lines in the message.
* Updated and improved HTML rendering
- More updates to the HTML rendering technology in the program, and you should now find the quality of HTML display even higher than in previous versions.