PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
- 7Z's AES256 encryption
- ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
- FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
For archive creation, PeaZip supports a wide range of compression and encryption standards, from the fastest to the most powerful ones. It also allows you to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console apps, and lets you pick the best of both worlds.
* Compiled with Lazarus 1.0.10
* Windows installer compiled with InnoSetup 5.5.3
# FILE MANAGER
* Added file name information in non readable archive dialog
* Fixed special folders (desktop, root etc) are now translated in localization language
* Fixed some untranslated strings
* Fixed disabling unused keyboard shortcut in each context
* Fixed don't show file browser's hint if application is not in foreground
* (Windows installer, Vista and more recent) added option to reset current configuration during installation process
* Various minor fixes and improvements