PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
- 7Z's AES256 encryption
- ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
- FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
- PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
For archive creation, PeaZip supports a wide range of compression and encryption standards, from the fastest to the most powerful ones. It also allows you to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console apps, and lets you pick the best of both worlds.
- ZPAQ updated to 4.04
# FILE MANAGER
- Fixed: corrected some extraction jobs not being launched from "Console" tab reporting illegal character in job definition
- Re-introduced by default "Extract here" and "Extract here (to new folder)" in SendTo menu
- Start with no selection so "Add", "Convert", and "Extract" starts a new empty layout by default
- Minor: full screen and Immersive shortcuts listed in Organize > Dock; bars color changed to clForm in themes (better integrates in Windows 8 UI); improved layout of Settings form for better support variable sized fonts
# EXTRACTION and ARCHIVING
- Fixed: Two-factor authentication not enabled for self executable archives, only the password is applied as sfx module supports only password authentication
- PeaLauncher shows the name of the archive in form title during extraction