Paint.NET 3.5 Beta 2
What Is the FileHippo Safety Guarantee?
* The menu bar was rendering incorrectly for certain themes (Windows 7 / Vista).
* Some items were not showing up in the 'Recent Items' jump list (Windows 7).
* Clicking on the canvas straight from the menu would cause the paintbrush to draw a long streak.
* Copy+Paste would sometimes miss a pixel edge on the right/bottom sides, when using Fixed Ratio / Fixed Size modes.
* Fixed a crash when moving pixels off-canvas, switching tools, then trying to move the pixels back onto the canvas.
* Fixed some messed up rendering for IndirectUI effect dialogs (Windows XP).
* Performance is improved when switching between images that have lots of layers.
* Aero 'snap' wasn't working when dragging part of the glassy area of the toolbar (Windows 7).
* Added a new menu item, Window -> Glass Dialog Buttons. You can use this to disable the "glass footers" for dialogs (Windows 7 / Vista).
* Glass Dialog Buttons are now disabled when font smoothing is disabled.
* If an e-mail program isn't installed, the error message for Help->Send Feedback is more informative.
* "Centimeters" was being truncated in the toolbar.
* The shape tools were not using pixel snapping.
* Layer names with ampersands were not showing up correctly.
* Updated the internal list of incompatible and unstable plugins, which are then blocked from loading.
* Fixed a crash with the Rectangle Select tool if "Fixed Size" mode was used and negative numbers were entered.
* Fixed an access violation due to a race condition in finalizing effect rendering versus un-write protecting the layer's pixels.
* Fixed an access violation in the renderer for the background transparency "checkers".
* Fixed a crash when you would resize a selection to 0-width and/or 0-height, then expand it.
* Fixed a crash due to an overflow that prevented very large images from working (64-bit only).
* Fixed a crash with scanning/printing.
* Fixed the status bar's progress bar showing up and doing nothing for codecs that don't report saving progress, such as JPEG.
* Fixed a major issue with the readability of the "update is available" dialog in any non-English language.
* Fixed a crash with the Zoom tool.
* Fixed some really weird scroll-flickering with the Text tool.