Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened to a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form an image.
- New: Rounded Rectangle's corner size ("radius") is now configurable.
- New: Overscroll can now be disabled from within Settings.
- Fixed: The Zoom tool was broken in 4.0.10.
- Fixed: Auto scroll will no longer engage overscroll. This prevents the image from shooting off in all directions when drawing on it or when making a selection.
- Fixed: Panning with the middle mouse button would sometimes be "sticky"
- Fixed: Effect rendering performance had significantly regressed in 4.0.10, by as much as 50%, on Intel CPUs with HyperThreading.
- Fixed: Selecting the entire image and then using Zoom to Selection or the Zoom Tool would align the image in an awkward manner.
- Fixed: In rare cases, Settings -> Plugin Errors was hanging the whole system (bug in WPF?). This UI is now implemented in WinForms instead of WPF.
- Fixed: Some more high-DPI issues, especially when using multiple monitors with mixed DPI, or when using Remote Desktop.