Apache OpenOffice 3.4.0
Apache OpenOffice is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics and databases. The application is available in many languages and works on all common computers.
Apache OpenOffice is the result of over twenty years' software engineering. Designed from the start as a single piece of software, it has a consistency other products cannot match. A completely open development process means that anyone can report bugs, request new features, or enhance the software.
Easy to use
Apache OpenOffice is easy to learn, and if you're already using another office software package, you'll take to it straight away. The world-wide native-language community means that Apache OpenOffice is probably available and supported in your own language.
Best of all, Apache OpenOffice can be downloaded and used entirely free of any licence fees. Apache OpenOffice is released under the LGPL licence. This means you may use it for any purpose - domestic, commercial, educational, public administration.
Note: As of April 2011, commercial development of OpenOffice.org project has been terminated. The code was contributed to the Apache Software Foundation, where volunteers continue to develop it. LibreOffice, a fork of OpenOffice is now available for download here.
# New Features
* Faster Startup
* Improved ODF 1.2 encryption support
* Spreadsheet: TIME function returns values 00:00:00 <= x <= 23:59:59.999
* Spreadsheet: Renamed "DataPilot" to "Pivot Table"
* PivotTable has been extended
* Spreadsheet: New CSV export option, "Quote all text cells"
* Improved CSV export
* Spreadsheet: Unlimited number of fields in Pivot Table layout dialog
* MailMerge: Scan rows for correct type information for Text databases
* Math: new option to save only used symbols for each formula
* Formula: Automatic baseline for Math objects
* Math symbol catalog now supports UTF-32 characters
* Draw/Impress default enhancements:
- Better defaults for Impress & Draw snap.
- Changed default for "copy when moving".
- Better defaults for grid settings in Impress & Draw
- Better defaults for bullet spacing and indention
- Animate outline shapes 'By 1st level paragraphs' as default
- New default colors of drawing objects
- Setting default shadow distance for shapes to 0.2cm
- Enhancement to the "mouse as pen" feature in impress slideshow
- Default full width for text in shapes
- Change outline default bullet symbol order from 'Oo-' in 'O-O-O'
- Shortcut for inserting comments changed
* Better UI Defaults for Draw and Impress
* Draw/Impress: Setting pixel resolution when exporting graphics
* PDF File Size Reduction
* Password entry in PDF export dialog changed
* Base: Mozilla Address Book support removed, in favor of Seamonkey
* Base: List box controls: "Bound field" is allowed to be 0
* Base: object trees: selecting entries by typing their name
* Base: Scan rows for correct type information for Text databases
* Stylist / Navigator / Options Dialog: selecting entries by typing their name
* ODF Spreadsheet supports new Conditional Functions
* Chart: Resizeable Legend
* Chart: Date Axis
* Time Axis supported in Chart
* mproved Printing on Unix
* Gstreamer is available now to use to playback multimedia content in OpenOffice documents (e.g. audio and video in Impress presentations). Note that Gstreamer (and the appropriate gst-plugins) need to be installed in system.
* Enhanced RTF export
* Remove binfilter export filters
* Various BugFixes
* Calc: Faster LP solver.
* Apache Tomcat updated.
* Support for Line Cap Property
* Support for shear transformations for GraphicObjects
* Support for attributes and transformations for OLEObjects
* Enhanced crop support for GraphicalObjects
* Support for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
* Support for MultiImage in ODF
* Enhanced chart visualization
* Writer: Asian Language Word Count
* New regular expressions (regexp) engine
* New Color Picker dialog