NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution.
Being a user's first experience with your product, a stable and reliable installer is an important component of successful software. With NSIS you can create such installers that are capable of doing everything that is needed to setup your software.
NSIS is script-based and allows you to create the logic to handle even the most complex installation tasks. Many plug-ins and scripts are already available: you can create web installers, communicate with Windows and other software components, install or update shared components and more.
* Added a workaround for a Windows 2000 bug that caused infinite loops when
hitting a key in the instilfes page (bug #1733692)
* Improved compiler error strings (patch #1722147)
* Modern UI: added MUI_STARTMENUPAGE_BGCOLOR and MUI_DIRECTORYPAGE_BGCOLOR
* Modern UI: added MUI_LANGDLL_ALLLANGUAGES that forces the language
selection dialog to display all languages (patch #1724876)
Utilities and Plug-ins
* InstallOptions: corrected documentation of TxtColor (bug #1716614)
* NSISdl: added compatibility with some buggy servers that don't close the
connection (bug #1713562)
* NSISdl: fixed 100% CPU usage during domain resolution (bug #1713560)
* Valencian and Catalan are no longer installed (patch #1558822)
* Added IGNORETESTS for ignoring certain test files
* Added wxWidgets to the requirement list
* System now builds with GCC, but without System::Get and System::Call