Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
- Remember the bookmarks, maitaining of identation, zoom level and visibilities of white space/EOL characters in each saved session.
- Add the capacity to clear read only attribute.
- Fix the reload bug for read-only file.
- Add the capacity to write the files which have the system attribte.
- Backup file on each save (optional : verbose mode & normal mode).
- Add the close button for each tab like Opera (optional).
- Add double click on tab to close document feature (optional).
- Add word completion (Alt+Space) feature.
- Fix the line number margin display bug.
- Add Opera style task list tab switcher (Ctrl+Tab or Mouse Right Click + Mouse Wheel).
- Add Ada, Caml, AutoIt, KixTart, Matlab, Verilog language support.
- Add TeX folding support.