Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
# Enhancement and fixed bugs:
* Enhance the performance issue for xml matching tags highlighting and for displaying clickable links.
* While the amount of file to open is larger than 200, a dialog will be shown to warn user.
* Fix Notepad++ close bug while move one cloned new empty document into another view, in the destination contained only this new empty document.
* Fix hanging problem while double-click on a project folder then (immediately) drag it.
* Fix a bug while command argument contain an empty string ("").
* Fix mouse cursor disappearing bug on right click while a project item is dragging.
# Included plugins:
* Spell Checker v1.3.3
* NppFTP 0.24.1
* NppExport v0.2.8
* Plugin Manager 1.0.8
* Converter 3.0