Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
* Fix "Find in files" crash bug.
* Focus (switch to) the dirty document while asking to save unsaved document when user close Notepad++.
* Fix the bug while giving command C:\NppDir>notepad++ (w/o quote), npp try to open file "notepad++".
* Enlarge regconition of clickable link from "http://" to any URI.
* Fix the bug while changing the language list in Style Configurator, the "Save and close" button is enabled.