Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Notepad++ v5.2 new feature and fixed bugs (from v5.1.4) :
1. Fix Function Tip crash issue.
2. Fix the find in files crash bug while cloned views are side by side and focus is on main view.
3. Fix a crash bug after searching/replacing in files returned with no results.
4. Enhance "Find in all opened files" and "Find in files" features.
5. Add Replace in files feature.
6. Fix command line parsing to accept unquoted files as single argument.
7. Refine "open ANSI files as UTF8 w/o BOM" feature.
8. Add minidump feature in the case of crash for debug use.
9. Adjust PostIt/FullScreen behaviour to mix well together.
10. The file filters and the directory are set while find/replace/findInFiles dialog is launched.
11. Adding find in files filters supports user defined language.
12. Fix the bug that texts in combo box of Find dialog are restored not in order on the launch time.
13. Add NPPM_DOOPEN plugin message.