Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
1. Fix the unnecessary memory consuming (not memory leak) while find in files operation.
2. Enhance Find in files feature : Insert the default value to filters and Directory fields automatically while launch or switch to Find in file dialog.
3. Fix the crash bug while double click on find in files result.
4. Link clickable feature is optional (in Preferences->MISC).
5. Fix crash problem while search in all opened file in multi-view mode.
6. Fix Close button misplaced problem in Find dialog.
7. Change the plugin behaviour : different users can have different sets of plugins, besides the basic set. Notepad++ will load the plugins from %APPDATA%\Notepad++\plugins\ directory, in the case of absence of "doLocalConf.xml".