Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
v4.0.1 fixed bugs (from v4.0) :
- Fix the crash issue of opening of file name length > 63.
- Fix the crash issue under w98.
- Fix the shortcut name bug in shortcut mapper.
- Fix ASP syntax highlighting problem.
- Fix 2 context menu items issue after the installation by installer.
- Enhance the NSIS language support.
FunctionList Plugin 1.1 :
- Fix the bug of wrong toolbar stat while closing Function List dialog by X button.
- Fix C++ "operator" recognition
- Fix Pascal method recognition
- Add TCL support
Explorer Plugin 1.01 :
- Fix the font display bug.
- Fix open of favorite folders in explorer when explorer is not open
HexEditor Plugin 0.6 :
- Fix display problems and the extension recognition bug.