Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
# Bug fixes:
* Fix SaveAll command hanging issue while session snapshot is enabled.
* Fix docking error messages displaying due to bad detection of windows version.
* Fix restoring saved files as unsaved due to SaveAll bug in session snapshot mode.
* Disable session snapshot while command line argument -nosession is used.
* Fix bug that backup is not performed (in session snapshot mode) while view is switched from one to another.
* Fix a bug in NppShell when trying to open many files.