Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
# New features and bug fixes:
* Add character encoding auto-detection feature.
* Fix the word-completion hanging problem by typing Chinese in ANSI document under Chinese Windows 7/8 64 bits.
* Enable word-completion in ANSI document under CJK environment.
* Add wildcard capacity for file name argument in command line.
* Add new command line argument "-r" for opening files recursively (with wildcard characters).
* Fix the crash bug while setting current document as Objective-C source code.
* Fix rename not replacing the existing file bug.
* Enhance Function list feature: reload on saving.
* Enhance Function list feature: better recognition of perl function.
* Fix sorting path in Windows document dialog makes Notepad++ crash.
* Fix the no extension column setting for Doc Switcher not initialized properly in preference dialog.
* Add "Command line arguments help" menu item command.
# Included plugins:
* DSpellCheck v1.2.12
* NppFTP 0.24.1
* NppExport v0.2.8
* Plugin Manager 1.0.8
* Converter 3.0
* Mime Tool 1.9