Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
# New features and bug fixes:
* Add sort lines feature.
* Make 2 external commands as build-in commands: Open containing folder in Explorer/cmd.
* URL hovered highlighting can be customized.
* Fix the bug that Global Styles are not loaded completely in Stylers Configurator.
* Improve php and js parsers in functionList.
* Add panel icons for 6 panels: ascii insertion, clipboard history, doc map, doc switcher, function list and project.
* Fix function list class border determination problem (while open/close symbols are in the comment zone).
* Fix crash (buffer overflowed problem) for function calltip.
* Fix a bug in path auto-completion feature.
* Fix tab close button's color remains hovered while mouse leaves.
* Update html auto-completion file.