Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
# New features and bug fixes:
* Update Scintilla to version 3.3.4
* Add language CoffeeScript support.
* Add multi-paste support for multi-selection/column mode.
* Add new feature: auto-close parentheses, quotes, bracket and matched xml/html tag.
* Add php, perl, xml, batch, ini and nsis for the build-in function list.
* Add User Defined Languages support for the build-in function list.
* Add reload feature for the build-in function list.
* Fix a minor problem of file extension support for the build-in function list.
* Fix a tag matching bug by disabling tag matching inside PHP code blocks.
* Fix right-to-left text after closing document map bug.
* Fix cancelling shutdown make Notepad++ quit w/o saving files bug.
* Enhance "Begin/End select" feature: Check "Begin/End select" menu item when active.
* Enhance Mark all feature: 2 options "Match case" and "Match whole word only" in Find/Replace dialog .
* Fix a Replace dialog status bar display problem by clearing status bar before processing any action.
* Add new feature: if Notepad++ is running as administrator, display this info on the title bar.
* Rename "block comment" to "Single line comment" and "stream comment" to "block comment".
* Remove invalid command "Online Documentation".
# Included plugins:
* DSpellCheck v188.8.131.52
* NppFTP 0.24.1
* NppExport v0.2.8
* Plugin Manager 1.0.8
* Converter 3.0