Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
# New features and fixed bugs:
* Update Scintilla to 2.27.
* Make Recent File List totally customizable.
* Add Vertical File Switcher feature.
* Add active folding area highlighting feature (only for box and circle mode).
* Detect the absence of Scintilla.
* Add 2 plugins messages NPPM_GETLANGUAGENAME & NPPM_GETLANGUAGEDESC.
* Fix "Replace all" feature hangs on the Regular Expression '$'.
* Fix wrong result returned by NPPM_GETLANGUAGENAME.