Miro is a free HD video player. It can play almost any video file and offers over 6,000 free internet TV shows and video podcasts.
Miro has a simple, gorgeous interface designed for fullscreen HD video. Since Miro downloads most videos, you can take your shows with you, even on an airplane. Quite simply, Miro is a better way to watch all the video you care about.
Unlike your browser, Miro's built for HD. The built-in Miro Guide connects you to thousands of free High Definition video shows. Miro downloads video fast and stores it on your local computer for a level of quality that is often impossible on streaming video websites (even the ones that call themselves 'HD').
Can't open a video? Now you can, with Miro. Miro can play virtually any type of video file - Quicktime, WMV, MPEG, AVI, XVID, and more.
When it comes to video podcasts, Miro goes far beyond iTunes by letting you subscribe to BitTorrent RSS feeds, with one of the fastest torrent downloaders in the world. Miro makes BitTorrent RSS dead simple-- when a new episode is available, it will download automatically and be ready to watch.
# Bug fixes
* (all) can't get rid of horizontal scroll bar
* (all) Podcast metadata not available on Miro Mobile / daap
* (Linux) StandardView titles containing unusually tall characters don't display on Natty
* (all) shouldn't restore columns in displays where they have become unavailable
* (all) miro becomes unresponsive when batch marking items as played
* (all) find_next_item crash in empty list
* (all) "Remove Podcast" button does nothing in watched folder
* (all) crash clicking Connect during startup
* (Windows) Windows No Disk
* (OS X) sort arrow glitch in list view for state column
* (all) Crash when entering invalid value for season number in Item Edit
* (all) Warn on sharing quit confirmation checkbox reads the wrong preference
* (all) unicode error related to coverart.