Miro is a free HD video player. It can play almost any video file and offers over 6,000 free internet TV shows and video podcasts.
Miro has a simple, gorgeous interface designed for fullscreen HD video. Since Miro downloads most videos, you can take your shows with you, even on an airplane. Quite simply, Miro is a better way to watch all the video you care about.
Unlike your browser, Miro's built for HD. The built-in Miro Guide connects you to thousands of free High Definition video shows. Miro downloads video fast and stores it on your local computer for a level of quality that is often impossible on streaming video websites (even the ones that call themselves 'HD').
Can't open a video? Now you can, with Miro. Miro can play virtually any type of video file - Quicktime, WMV, MPEG, AVI, XVID, and more.
When it comes to video podcasts, Miro goes far beyond iTunes by letting you subscribe to BitTorrent RSS feeds, with one of the fastest torrent downloaders in the world. Miro makes BitTorrent RSS dead simple-- when a new episode is available, it will download automatically and be ready to watch.
- all Width of sidebar not saved between restarts
- all New feeds should have an option to default to list view
* Bug fixes
- all Handle database errors when loading item info cache
- all ngrams takes too much memory
- all Miro only updates feeds once, at startup
- all Error when switching from a unloaded browser tab
- all error on upgrade124
- all audio skipping
- all ValueError on quit, subprocess related
- all can't daap share items downloaded via torrent
- all use after free in fasttypes.c
- all crash when fast resume can't be saved
- all Disable unselecting all listview headers
- all Gzip encoded feeds do not work
- all Missing NULL check in daap_timeout_callback()
- all Change to sidebar item heights (UI)
- all don't scrape numbers out of item titles
- all Delete button in video popout does not stop playback
- all TypeError: list indices must be integers, not unicode
- all error when a file moves outside of miro
- all fix issues with strings
- all Video filters can mess with shuffle logic
- all duplicates in podcast/playlist delete confirmation
- Linu Miro won't download new files !
- Linu miro hangs upon startup due to ipv6 issues
- Linu error: unpack requires a string argument of length 8
- Linu Rendering error in in KDE 4.6 based distros
- Linu miro wrapper not working for debugging
- Linu miro-segmenter gets put in the wrong place
- OS X Feeds fail to update with subprocess
- OS X Deleting a feed may result in empty display
- OS X feedparser can freeze UI
- OS X Crash when not using full path to spawn diskutil
- Wind Unusably laggy with a lot of watched folders/media
- Wind Miro hangs after upgrading database to 4.0
- Wind crash in guidecontroller.pyc/249/KeyError
- Wind An unknown error prevented Miro from startup.
- Wind .miro directories appearing on all hard drives besides C:
- Wind WindowsError in usbutils.pyc line 209