Miro is a free HD video player. It can play almost any video file and offers over 6,000 free internet TV shows and video podcasts.
Miro has a simple, gorgeous interface designed for fullscreen HD video. Since Miro downloads most videos, you can take your shows with you, even on an airplane. Quite simply, Miro is a better way to watch all the video you care about.
Unlike your browser, Miro's built for HD. The built-in Miro Guide connects you to thousands of free High Definition video shows. Miro downloads video fast and stores it on your local computer for a level of quality that is often impossible on streaming video websites (even the ones that call themselves 'HD').
Can't open a video? Now you can, with Miro. Miro can play virtually any type of video file - Quicktime, WMV, MPEG, AVI, XVID, and more.
When it comes to video podcasts, Miro goes far beyond iTunes by letting you subscribe to BitTorrent RSS feeds, with one of the fastest torrent downloaders in the world. Miro makes BitTorrent RSS dead simple-- when a new episode is available, it will download automatically and be ready to watch.
* When you download videos from YouTube (whether by search or in a YouTube feed), we get an MP4 rather than a FLV, if it's available. The video quality of the MP4s is much higher.
* Updated translations in lots of languages.
* We've updated the linux version to Mozilla 1.9.
* We've updated VLC on Windows to 0.8.6f (security fix).
Changes and bug fixes in Miro 1.2.3
* #9685 NEW Download mp4 from YouTube? if available and download flv if not
* #9841 FIXED Downloaded torrents disappear when play selected
* #9787 FIXED New counter doesn't update until selected
* #9727 FIXED Feeds duplicated when updating to co-branded version
* #9880, #8104 FIXED Problems with menus not being translated for windows-xul and gtkx11 platforms
* #8378 FIXED httpclient error
* #9844 FIXED Update to the latest VLC 0.8.6f
* #9274, #9755 FIXED Startup errors after install
* #9508 FIXED Startup errors due to unsupported locale
* #9829 FIXED Long cobranded titles get cut off on the installer display
* #9554 FIXED --theme option on windows causes problems with the tray icon code
* #9899 FIXED Holding down FF button doesn't work
* #9740 FIXED Thumbnails are downloaded but not displayed in Hardy
* #9860 FIXED Drag and drop does not work in Hardy
* #9692 FIXED Fix gtkx11 code so it works with xulrunner 1.9