MediaInfo provides you with a quick access to the inner values of your audio and video files. Whether you want to glance at the set-up of tracks included in a file or you want to know all the precise details about the codecs used, MediaInfo will offer the suitable view.
You can choose between a graphical user interface to quickly select the appropriate view on the data and a command line interface to automatically retrieve and process media information in your own scripts. For these purposes, MediaInfo's views are customizable the easy way.
- Different and customizable views on media information (Text, Table, Tree Structure, HTML, XML...)
- Data Export as Text, CSV, HTML, XML...
- Graphical User Interface, Command Line Interface, DLL
- Integration in MS-Windows (Drag'n'Drop, Context menu)
- Basics: Title, Author, Director, Album, Title Nr., Date, Length...
- Video: Codec, Aspect Ratio, Frame Rate, Bit Rate...
- Audio: Codec, Sampling Rate, Channels, Languages, Bit Rate...
- Text: Language of Subtitles
- Chapters: Nr. of Chapters, Outline
Supported Formats and Containers:
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Untertitel: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
- x64 and i386 Windows installers are merged, now only one installer
- Italian translation updated
- Bigger default window
- MPEG-TS: SCTE 35 and KLV streams are better displayed (in Menu part)
- MPEG-TS: Menu part contains the list of PID with unknown format
- MPEG-TS: Menu part lists PID in the PMT order instead of increasing order
- Display of both container and stream scan type and scan order
- DV100: scan order
- MXF: scan order
- MPEG-TS: Maximum and minimum overal bit rate (only if parse speed is set to 1)
- MPEG-TS, MPEG-S, MXF, AVI, WM: StreamOrder field added
- MXF: better support of malformed VANC streams
- MPEG Video: improved detection of the GOP (more frames are used), "Variable" value
- MPEG-PS: FirstPacketOrder info added
- SkipBinaryData option
- Matroska: some (other) streams were wrongly detected sa VFR
- Id3v2: support of old COM and ULT fields
- CEA-708: crash with some malformed streams
- MPEG-TS: crash when PCR is corrupted (same value at different offsets)
- QuickTIme: wrong channel count report in case of buggy chan atom. Now the stream description has priority over chan atom
- E-AC-3: duration was wrong in some cases
- Matroska: random wrong analysis in case of SimpleBlock mode
- MOV: hang on files having buggy "alis" atom
- MPEG-TS: bit rate mode detection was sometimes too much strict about CBR
- DV: wrong detection in case of buggy audio header (if present and set to 0xFF)
- MPEG-4: crash in case of buggy aperture size atom
- MediaInfo_Const.h was missing in the DLL package for Mac
- MPEG-PS: detection of phantom streams
- WAV: detection of malformed >4GB WAV files was no more working
- DTS: computing bit rate from frame size instead of targeted transmission rate
- DTS: setting the bit rate to "unknown" for Master Audio instead of instantaneous bit rate
- DTS: Display of endianess and word size was not coherent