MediaInfo provides you with a quick access to the inner values of your audio and video files. Whether you want to glance at the set-up of tracks included in a file or you want to know all the precise details about the codecs used, MediaInfo will offer the suitable view.
You can choose between a graphical user interface to quickly select the appropriate view on the data and a command line interface to automatically retrieve and process media information in your own scripts. For these purposes, MediaInfo's views are customizable the easy way.
- Different and customizable views on media information (Text, Table, Tree Structure, HTML, XML...)
- Data Export as Text, CSV, HTML, XML...
- Graphical User Interface, Command Line Interface, DLL
- Integration in MS-Windows (Drag'n'Drop, Context menu)
- Basics: Title, Author, Director, Album, Title Nr., Date, Length...
- Video: Codec, Aspect Ratio, Frame Rate, Bit Rate...
- Audio: Codec, Sampling Rate, Channels, Languages, Bit Rate...
- Text: Language of Subtitles
- Chapters: Nr. of Chapters, Outline
Supported Formats and Containers:
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Untertitel: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
- EBUCore 1.4 output support
- IMF AssetMap (AM), PackageList (PKL) and CompositionPlaylist (CPL): improved support
- Channel layout information for AAC, AC-3, E-AC-3, DTS, Dolby E
- MXF: CodecID field (EssenceContainer-EssenceCompression)
- Pro Tools 10+ Session file (.ptx) support, by reverse engineering (=it may not work)
- Playlist files: trying to detect language and channel layout from file names
- QuickTime: new field ScanOrder_StoredDisplayedInverted, set to "Yes" when display and Stored orders are inverted
- Wave: Detection of wrong byte rate in header in order to provide right duration of some PCM streams
- ARIB captions: detection of captions in ancillary data (tested with MXF)
- AAF: basic support of playlist files
- QuickTime: false-positive detection of incoherency between container and raw stream scan order due to inverted display and tored orders
- MXF: Dolby E stream not detected in some cases
- HEVC: general_level_idc shall be set equal to a value of 30 times the level number, not 10 times, thanks to Kurtnoise
- C# binding example: was not working with 2GB+ files, was parsing sometimes the whole file
- AAC: Infinite loop
- AC-3: Segfault on files falsely recognized as AC3 files, thanks to Gildas Desnos
- PCM: Infinite loop
- APE tags: Infinite loop
- AVC: Infinite loop
- CLI_Compile.sh bug ("eats all resources" while compiling)
- LATM: false-positive detection of some files
- MXF: Crash with some files