Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can detect and remove malware that even the most well known anti-virus and anti-malware applications fail to detect. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors every process and stops malicious processes before they even start.
- Light speed quick scanning.
- Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Protection Module. (requires registration)
- Database updates released daily.
- Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
- Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware performance.
- A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
- Multi-lingual support.
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
- Command line support for quick scanning.
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand.
- License key is now displayed on the My Account screen
- Remaining subscription duration now displayed on My Account screen
- Implemented other licensing improvements to clarify license status
- Enhanced protection capabilities of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Web Protection
- Numerous enhancements to prepare for full compatibility with Windows 10
- Enhanced Malwarebytes Chameleon's ability to fully restore Malwarebytes functionality when affected by a malware infection
- Updated data collection techniques to improve malware research and analysis
- Removed "Exclude" button on Website Blocked notification to reduce inadvertent allowing of malicious sites
- Updated button text on Malware Detected and Non-Malware Detected notifications to clarify meaning
- Added enhanced support for High DPI displays
- Enabled the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version to receive incremental database updates
- Added appropriate copyright notices and license statements for all third-party open source software
- Corrected translation errors for core non-English languages (German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian and Polish)
- Added support for Chinese Traditional, which is provided as a convenience for our users by a community volunteer and is not an officially supported language
- Several improvements to malware detection and remediation capabilities
# Issues Fixed:
- Reverted the temporary change in v.2.1.6 that disabled checking for updates prior to scheduled scans
- Fixed SDK Database load errors for error code 2 and 1812
- Removed obsolete "Terminate program when no threats are found" setting since scans now run from the tray application
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during scan and quarantine operations
- Fixed crash that occurred when clicking the Clear Policies link on Access Policies screen
- Fixed issue where "Show notification after successful update" setting was not properly retained during an upgrade from v.2.1.4 to v.2.1.6
- Fixed issue where "Close notification" setting was not retained during upgrade from v.2.1.4 to v.2.1.6 if the user had changed that setting back to 7 seconds after installing v.2.1.4
- Fixed issue on the Quarantine screen where unselecting a quarantined item disabled the Delete and Restore buttons
- Fixed issue where an incorrect program version was listed in the scan logs
- Disabled option to specify rootkit scanning as part of a Hyper scan
- Fixed issue in Windows 10 Tech Preview and Windows 8.1 where Malwarebytes Anti-Malware was unable to start in certain cases after self-protection was turned on
- Fixed issue where Malwarebytes Chameleon did not load properly on Windows XP SP3 in certain conditions
- Fixed issue which prevented Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v.2.1.4 (and higher) from upgrading over certain Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v.1.75 consumer builds