Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can detect and remove malware that even the most well known anti-virus and anti-malware applications fail to detect. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors every process and stops malicious processes before they even start.
- Light speed quick scanning.
- Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Protection Module. (requires registration)
- Database updates released daily.
- Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
- Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware performance.
- A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
- Multi-lingual support.
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
- Command line support for quick scanning.
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand.
# Issues Fixed
- Admin users should no longer see a prompt to login as admin to perform a program upgrade
- Fixed issue where the web protection service (MWAC) was not restarting properly
- Fixed numerous issues with scheduled scans, including showing the correct date for “Next scheduled scan” on the dashboard
- Fixed issue where mbamscheduler was starting on boot when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware was set not to start with Windows
- Fixed issue where any non-English language selected during installation would not be applied after installation
- Fixed issue where Malwarebytes Anti-Malware did not always automatically update the database on installation
- Fixed issue where the “Delay Protection at startup for 15 seconds” setting showed as enabled, but was actually disabled. (We recommend reviewing this option to ensure it is configured as you intended.)
- Fixed issue where "Error Code 6" displayed at the end of scans
- Fixed issue on Windows XP where scheduled scans on reboot would not start if the "Enable self-protection module" was checked
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now honors self-protection settings detected from a previous installation
- Fixed issue where context menu scan was not honoring user selection under detection and protection setting
- Several issues with notification were fixed
- Several enhancements were made to the user interface to address accessibility issues
- Several UI and user experience enhancements implemented
- Updated user interface design that showcases a much cleaner look and toned-down color scheme
- Improved scan flow so all scans now automatically check for and apply the latest database updates
- Simplified quarantine flow so only one action button is presented when threats are detected
- Several improvements to malware detection and remediation capabilities, including enhanced detection and removal of rootkits
- The Minimize button now minimizes the main program window to the taskbar instead of to the tray
- The default display timeout for notifications was changed to 3 seconds instead of 7 seconds
- The default value for "Show notification after successful update" is now set to "Off" for all scheduled updates
- Removed informational/marketing message from main dashboard view
- Removed support for Thai language due to quality issues with the translation
- Installation of a Consumer/Home version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware over a Business version is now blocked