Macrium Reflect 4.2.3141
A complete disaster recovery solution for your home and office. Protect your personal documents, photos, music and emails. Upgrade your hard disk or try new operating systems in the safe knowledge that everything is securely saved in an easily recovered backup file.
- Don't compromise your data integrity with second best
Macrium Reflect uses leading data compression techniques to create accurate and reliable images of your hard disk or partitions on your disk.
- Simple step by step operation
Image and Restore using intuitive wizards and interfaces. Macrium Reflect integrates fully with Windows Explorer, a partition image can be created with a simple right click.
- Automate the process
With Macrium Reflect you can schedule Images to run at any time. Disk space management ensures that you optimize the available space on external drives.
- Restore individual files and folders
Create a 'Virtual' drive in Windows Explorer and recover selected files and directories using simple copy and paste operations.
In the event of a total loss of the Windows operating system your PC can be started using the Reflect recovery CD.
Please note that beginning with version 5.2.6544 we are providing the Macrium Installer, which will automatically download the correct version for your PC. It will also download any necessary Windows components for you.
You can get more information about this installer on the Macrium knowledge base.
* Linux CD update
- Updated isolinux boot code. This enables boot compatibility with a larger number of CD/DVD drives. The Linux update is included with this patch.
* Windows PE rescue CD update is available.
- Please click the 'Updates' button in the Rescue CD burn wizard for more information.
# Bug fixes:
* Extra icon on Win7 desktop
- When browsing an image an extra 'Computer' icon could be created on the Windows desktop. This has been resolved.
* Windows PE recovery boot menu option in Windows 7
- After a recent Windows update, the 'Other Tasks' > 'Add recovery boot menu' option stopped working in Windows 7. This has been resolved.
* Slow restore for large FAT 32 file systems
- Images containing FAT32 file systems > 100GB could be very slow to load. This has been resolved.
* Incorrect image comment displayed for diff/inc images..
- Backup sets containing differential and incremental images/backup would display the comment text, if set, for the full image/back. This has been resolved.
* Update to VSS.dll
- A VSS writer could fail if a file location referenced by the writer no longer exists. This error could propagate and may cause the snapshot to fail. This has been resolved.
* Fix mount point destination issue.
- Selecting a mount point as a destination for an image file could incorrectly show the message 'the destination is included in the backup' if the mount point was located under the root of a drive. This has been resolved.
* Update command line un-mounting to only unmount mounted drives.
- The command line switch 'reflect.exe -u' could umnount drives that were not drives used to mount Macrium images. This has been resolved.
* Change the location of the default editor for VBScript files for Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Unlike other versions of Windows, 'notepad.exe' is not available in folder 'c:\windows' for Server 2008 R2. The default editor location has now changed to 'c:\windows\system32'.