Macrium Reflect 5.2.6399
A complete disaster recovery solution for your home and office. Protect your personal documents, photos, music and emails. Upgrade your hard disk or try new operating systems in the safe knowledge that everything is securely saved in an easily recovered backup file.
- Don't compromise your data integrity with second best
Macrium Reflect uses leading data compression techniques to create accurate and reliable images of your hard disk or partitions on your disk.
- Simple step by step operation
Image and Restore using intuitive wizards and interfaces. Macrium Reflect integrates fully with Windows Explorer, a partition image can be created with a simple right click.
- Automate the process
With Macrium Reflect you can schedule Images to run at any time. Disk space management ensures that you optimize the available space on external drives.
- Restore individual files and folders
Create a 'Virtual' drive in Windows Explorer and recover selected files and directories using simple copy and paste operations.
In the event of a total loss of the Windows operating system your PC can be started using the Reflect recovery CD.
Please note that beginning with version 5.2.6544 we are providing the Macrium Installer, which will automatically download the correct version for your PC. It will also download any necessary Windows components for you.
You can get more information about this installer on the Macrium knowledge base.
* New options for handling NTFS reparse points.
- Reflect now contains the option to follow or backup the definitions of folder symbolic links and junction points.
* Menu option in Windows PE environment to change keyboard layout.
- A new menu option is available in the Windows PE environment to change the keyboard layout in use. Additionally, keyboard recognition on boot has been improved.
* Server edition now writes Windows events to the classic application channel as well as the Macrium channel.
- A number of customers have requested that Macrium Reflect logs events to the classic application channel for parsing by third party log analysis software. This has been implemented.
* Improved PE download integrity checking.
- Macrium Reflect now performs additional integrity checks on downloaded files when building PE Rescue Media.
# Bug fixes:
* Issue with approved shell extension.
- Customers have reported a rare conflict between specific group policy settings for approved shell extensions and the Macrium Reflect shell. This has been resolved.
* Version 4.2 upgrade issues.
- Some customers have reported an error message when trying to install version 5.2 using a version 4.2 upgrade key. This has been resolved.
* Program error when extracting Windows PE files.
- Some customers have reported a program error when burning rescue media. This has been resolved.