LibreOffice 3.5.0 Beta
LibreOffice is the free power-packed Open Source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs.
Writer is the word processor inside LibreOffice. Use it for everything, from dashing off a quick letter to producing an entire book with tables of contents, embedded illustrations, bibliographies and diagrams.
Calc tames your numbers and helps with difficult decisions when you're weighing the alternatives.
Impress is the fastest and easiest way to create effective multimedia presentations.
Draw lets you build diagrams and sketches from scratch. A picture is worth a thousand words, so why not try something simple with box and line diagrams?
Base is the database front-end of the LibreOffice suite.
Math is a simple equation editor that lets you lay-out and display your mathematical, chemical, electrical or scientific equations quickly in standard written notation.
* General for this Beta: parallel installation
- With this Beta, you have to use the 'parallel installation' to install it alongside the stable LibreOffice, and not replace it.
- Writer does not open a second document
* Linux deb and rpm:
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.4, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org.
- Installer is in English only
- Unopkg.bin crashes during install (may prevent installation on Windows7 and up)
- Applications open a console window
- Installation removes 3.3/3.4 installations
- Application windows show StarOffice icon
# Help files
* The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.