The KMPlayer is a versatile media player which can cover various types of container format such as VCD, DVD, AVI, MKV, Ogg Theora, OGM, 3GP, MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, RealMedia, and QuickTime among others. It handles a wide range of subtitles and allows you to capture audio, video, and screenshots in many ways.
The player provides both internal and external filters with a fully controlled environment in terms of connections to other splitters, decoders, audio/video transform filters and renderers without grappling with the DirectShow merit system. Internal filters are not registered to user's system to keep it from being messed up with system filters.
In December 2008 KMPlayer was bought by Pandora.tv, and continues to be made available as freeware.
# KMPlayer Upgrade
- Improved EVR performance for overlay subtitle and applied transparency effect
- Fixed BOF vulnerabilities. (FLAC file) - Provided by: KISA
- Fixed buffer insufficiency error for playing mp3.
- Fixed skipping error for MP4 Audio.
- Fixed RUBY subtitle error.
# Album Art Upgrade
- Changed KMP Plus platform from Flash to web.
- Supports Album Art Automatic Movie info TMDB matching service.
- Supports Configuring function for playing FTP server videos with Album Art.
- Supports Syncing function for KMP Play List with Album Art.
- Supports Multi-deleting function for Album Art.
- Supports Image View& List View mode.
- A variety of content within KMP App
- Added Plus Tab
- Added YouTube channels and search service.
- Supports movie information and reviews.