K-Lite Codec Pack Full 4.62
The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
- All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
- It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to install just those components that you really want.
- The customization abilities go beyond the component level. Some components are able to handle multiple formats. You can specify exactly which components should handle which formats. The pack can thus be fully tweaked to your own specific needs and preferences.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
- It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
- It does not contain any bad, buggy or unstable codecs.
With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
* Updated Media Player Classic Homecinema to version 1.2.991.0
* The internal DXVA decoders of MPC-HC are now enabled by default on Windows Vista/Seven
* The internal subtitle renderer of MPC-HC is now enabled by default on Windows Vista/Seven
* Updated ffdshow to revision 2676
* Removed option for using an experimental MT version of ffdshow. Only regular version is now included.
* Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 22.214.171.1241
* Removed On2 VP6 decoding filter. It could in rare occasions cause some compatibility isues. ffdshow is used instead for decoding VP6 video. That was already the default setting in previous version of the pack.
* Removed MainConcept MPEG-1 decoder
* Updated MusePack splitter/decoder
* Updated Monkey's Audio decoder
* Changed default AC3 decoder from AC3Filter to ffdshow
* Updated Gabest MPEG splitter to version 1.2.988.0
* Updated x264VFW to revision 1093
* Removed some legacy VFW codecs: Indeo4, Indeo5, and I.263
* Removed some legacy ACM codecs: Fraunhofer MP3, Vorbis, and DivX ;) audio
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.10
* Fixed problem where the DC-Bass Source filter could break playback of .mod video files that are created by certain digital video cameras. This only happened when the option for Tracker audio was enabled. Tracker audio files with extension .mod are now no longer supported.
* Minor changes