What Is the FileHippo Safety Guarantee?
# New Features:
- Header data in KDB files is now authenticated (to prevent silent data removal attacks; thanks to P. Gasti and K. B. Rasmussen).
- The content part of a KDB file now contains 32 random bytes (generated each time the file is saved, by a cryptographically secure pseudo-random number generator using system entropy) to prevent content guessing attacks using the content hash.
- When closing the entry editing dialog by closing the window (using [X], Esc, ...) and there are unsaved changes, KeePass now asks whether to save or discard the changes; only when explicitly clicking the 'Cancel' button, KeePass doesn't prompt.
- Added '-pw-stdin' command line option to make KeePass read the master password from the StdIn stream.
- Improved update check.
- Upgraded and improved installer (now uses Unicode, LZMA2 compression, ...).
- Upgraded to Boost libraries version 1.51.0.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.