Kaspersky Anti-Virus is among the very best antivirus software available on the market. It delivers essential, real-time protection against all manner of threats. The app goes beyond standard virus protection to secure you against potentially hazardous malware such as spyware, root-kits, security exploits and ransomware.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus uses intelligent scanning and small, frequent updates in order to deliver real-time, efficient protection from the latest malware threats across the Internet.
Key Features include:
- Protection from viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, adware.
- Scans files, email, and Internet traffic.
- Protects from unknown threats.
- Analyzes browser vulnerabilities.
- Disables links to malware/phishing sites.
- Global threat monitoring.
- Keylogger blocking.
- Automatic database updates.
- Free technical support.
The interface consists of a main window with four borderless buttons aligned horizontally, labeled Scan, Update, Safe Money, and Parental Control. These areas will change color from green, to yellow and then to red if there is an issue with security . If that occurs, you can click a link for solutions to the security status problem.
Overall, Kaspersky Anti-Virus maintains an superb level of protection, coupled with high performance and usability. The only downside we can see is that although the technical support is free, it isn't available 24/7. Apart from that, Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides excellent all-round protection, with a minimal impact on your system.
Note: This is a 30-day commercial trial.
1. Support for Windows XP 64-bit has been added (except for the pro-active protection module and plug-ins for MS Outlook and Outlook Express mail clients).
2. File Anti-Virus
- "Scan mode" setting
- Schedule for pausing the scan and file anti-virus tasks on events "application start up/exit"
- Resolving the username and the name of the computer from which the access to infected files is attempted
3. On-Demand Scan Tasks
- The ability to configure operation in the "Scan for Active Infections" using the "Disinfect active infections" setting
- All lists have been revised to include the ability to edit components (scan task objects, exclusion masks, PDM paths, etc.)
- The settings for controlling the system load depending on external tasks running has been added to all scan tasks
- Quarantine storage scan object has been added
- The start-up objects scan scope has been extended for 64-bit versions of Windows OS
4. Proactive protection
- Detection of a number of keyloggers types has been added
- Windows Task Manager protection against malicious dll (that are often used by rootkit software) has been added
- The ability to perform updates from the Administration Server has been added
- An update copying (updating from shared folder) task has been added for all types of updates (updates of the database, application modules, etc.)
6. General properties
- An option has been added to scan data transmitted via secure connections (SSL) using E-Mail Anti-Virus and Web Anti-virus.
- The ability to use the system environment variables when specifying objects to be scanned, scan exclusions, Anti-Hacker rules and proactive
protection module has been added
- The ability to register any types of events in the Windows events log has been added (including the ability to select the type of log - system or user log)
- Utility for product protection against failures has been revamped: all processes of the product "monitor" each other and automatically restart closed processes
- The product's command line interface has been revised